When a valve, equippped with an interlock, is replaced by a new valve, the following steps are to be taken.
- Check if the new host valve is the same type & size as the previous valve
- Check whether the topwork dimensions of the valve are the same.
- If the valve is the same type and size, the lock body can be re-used
- If the valve is another type and/or size, contact Netherlocks or your local interlock partner to determine whether the same lock body can be re-used
- If topwork is equal to the old valve, the bracket and adaptor can be re-used
- If topwork is not equal to the old valve, order a new mounting set, based on the new topwork dimensions
Please note that lever operated valves require a NDL and hand wheel and gearbox operated valves require a MRL. When an interlocked, lever operated valve gets equipped with a gearbox, a new interlock is required.