When a key is stuck in the valve interlock and cannot be removed, the following steps must be followed.
- Check if you are considering (removing) the correct key (see picture below)
- Valve open, then right key should be removed
- Valve closed, then left key should be removed
- Check if the valve is fully operated, the key is only removed when valve is fully open or closed
- Check setting; remove the setting counter cover from the side where the key is stuck
- If the two set screws are not inline, flush and directly visible, the lock has passed or not reached its setting and needs to be reset
- After reset, remove the key